Sunday, October 05, 2014

It’s fun making friends on the banks of the Ohio...

 
Please click on the above link for this week's column!!
 
The following photos were taken this week in Switzerland County, Indiana in the town of Vevay where I told stories to all the students. It was a great week.
 
 


My morning breakfast cafe.
 
I was really envious of this theatre. I want this in my hometown!
 
This is the Switzerland County courthouse in the late afternoon sun.
 
A meandering walk through an alleyway.
 
One of the sculptures in Tony and Peggy's backyard. I can see her in my yard!
 
Peggy and Tony's garden, at least part of it.


 

4 comments:

Lou Ann Homan said...

That was a fun video, Bob, thanks for sharing!! Glad you enjoy my blog, it is a bit different from Philip's, but I have fun with it!

Bob MacKinnon said...

Thank you for your kind comment. My YouTube account has many videos of Ocrafolk and Molasses Creek performances. I just love Ocracoke and its people. My mother was a Howard and William Howard was my 5th great grandfather.

Anonymous said...

Do you think Peg and Tony would mind sharing how they created that very awesome fence? Thanks so much!

NJ Reader

Lou Ann Homan said...

It was like it was attached to the metal rod (you can see that in the photo), and when we went through the fence, Tony just moved the boards. They were loose and free floating. It was really cool. They were not attached at the bottom. The rods were sturdy because very heavy morning glories hung from them.

Mom's Last Full Moon...

  I came out of rehearsal last night, and the full Worm Moon of March actually took my breath away. It was so gorgeous rising above us in a ...