Thursday, November 07, 2013

Old farms and ramblings...

Old Windy Hill Farm


The other day I was out rambling a bit in the car. It was an errand day and I found myself meandering out by my old farm. This is the farm I speak of in yesterday's Life Stories project.

I had my camera with me and took just one photo. Truly the beauty of the Indiana landscape is evident in this single shot.

November comes with the hint of color falling behind and the starkness of late Autumn and Winter approaching. This photo makes me think of falling hickory nuts, putting fields to rest, bringing in the last of the potatoes, onions, and winter squashes. These were all neatly placed in the root cellar. 

Wherever we travel the beauty of the land is what takes our breath away...wherever we travel.

No comments:

Mom's Last Full Moon...

  I came out of rehearsal last night, and the full Worm Moon of March actually took my breath away. It was so gorgeous rising above us in a ...