Monday, August 20, 2012

Salt, sand, sea, and stars....

And just as soon as I got used to the sand in my shoes and the salt water woven in my hair, the summer was over. I packed my bags, cleaned out the Mad Mag Studio and headed back to Indiana.

The summer was magical, as always. I am truly grateful to Philip for sharing his Island with me.

One of my best memories of the summer is the night we all went to the beach to watch the Perseid showers...so here is my last column on Ocracoke for my friends, Bill and Lida.

Just click here for the Perseid Meteor shower story!

After I unpack and settle back in some sort of routine (which never ever happens), I will continue to blog, video, and share my small glimpse into life. As always thanks for reading and commenting.

Here is a short video of saying goodbye...very short!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your video is "grey" all over until a quiet and very beautiful golden woman appears to say her good byes , watching the sea and the horizon all around gave me time to consider how important any day there on the Island is filled with life and gratitude , nostalgia as well, your sadness to leave transpires ... You are gorgeous looking at the end ... Not " external" demonstrative joy , but contentment ,yes !
Sure the one holding the movie camera filming you in such special " light - contrasted " aurevoir will keep you as his sunshine , you are Lou Ann !
May you shine wherever , always and be joy to others ! Take care ,enjoy your White Picket home ...
O by the way ..l You never sent me that Angola DVD , did you !? with love from France ... And also, plan to visit , OK ? ! I know you'd enjoy the difference here .. More love again ...

Thank you.

  The Trine University Theatre Company on closing night of The Matchmaker.