Monday, August 30, 2010

Bats in the belfry...bees in the wall.

Owning an hold house is not for the faint of heart...or for someone with a really thin pocketbook! 

I always think it is especially difficult for a girl to own her house, but then that seems a bit sexist, don't you think? I mean, I really love owning my house, but there is nothing that I can repair. OK, I can paint, really I can. However, I cannot roof or plumb or build or repair anything.

Let's just take this month for example: the air conditioner goes out so I call Armstrong Cooling and Heating. They are great, come on the first call and I am back in business. They send their bill through the mail.

The washing machine is next. I call Jim's Appliance Service. They are great, a husband and wife team always showing up the next morning. Jim always finds souvenirs in my cellar like coins in the furnace or broken parts in the washer. He fixes it right up and leaves the bill on my old kitchen table. 

Now there are bees in the wall, yes really in the wall. I am afraid to tell my border about them. I mean, it is late and dark outside and he really doesn't need to know...unless they break a hole through the wall in the night. Hmm...should I...shouldn't I? 

Tomorrow Charlie the Spider Fighter will be here to fix it all up. He will leave the bill next to the kitchen sink.

Everyone has their skill, and it seems as if I really need them all this year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is good to be on a first name basis with your repair people.

Anonymous said...

You really should tell the wallpaper border about the bees but the flower garden border likely knows already.

Philip said...

Lou Ann, I did not write that about the wallpaper border, though I could have!

Spring break in St. Pete...

  Adam and his pups! The late-night flight is full. Everyone is heading out for spring break. Students and teachers, moms and dads, kids and...