Today was my first day (well actual day) as a volunteer at the OPS museum. During the summer months volunteers are critically needed in two hour shifts. It is a great opportunity to meet visitors and chat with locals as it seems every one hangs out there at least once a day.
The museum is filled with local music, books, and crafts from all over the Island. It is such a pleasure to share stories with folks and point out interesting facts and places to go. The best part is that the harbor is in view and it is the first stop some folks make when they arrive!
I almost feel like a native!
Lou Ann
An Island Girl
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Autumnal Equinox
Pokagon State Park Photo by Lou Ann Today is the Autumnal Equinox or simply known as the first day of Autumn. This is a splendid day as w...
-
Dear Friends, All of a sudden I realized that this post would be my 1,000th blog post! It is such a milestone for me! I can't begin ...
-
Taking a walk down town, one will find our circle of commerce. It really is a small town and the circle includes our courthou...
-
Dear Friends, I read with interest Philip Howard's blog of two days past on the new state project of interviewing and collecting stori...
No comments:
Post a Comment