Friday, March 02, 2007

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

On this day fifty years ago, Theodore Geisel, aka, Dr. Seuss published his first book, The Cat in the Hat. Since that day he has been a favorite with children, parents, and teachers. Today we celebrate his birthday in style with stories, birthday cakes, balloons, and other celebrations all across the country.

I will be working in Fort Wayne in a school who is celebrating this milestone. I think tonight I will bake a cake (green, of course) and share stories with Matthew and Jonah who know that they want to read to grow up smart like their Nannie!

Here's to Dr. Seuss and all he has done for children!

Lou Ann

Lou Ann Homan-Saylor lives in Angola, Indiana which is nestled in the hills of Northern Indiana. When she is home at the White Picket Gardens you can find her gardening or writing late into the night under the light of her frayed scarlet lamp. She is a storyteller, a teacher, a writer, an actress and a collector of front porch stories.

No comments:

Congratulations Trine!!

  My first glimpse of our monument decked in Trine blue took my breath away. I was coming home from the Thursday night game with Aaron and R...