Thursday, February 25, 2016

It's all in a winter's day...

My purple house after the storm.



It was a lovely, unexpected gift of snow that kept everyone inside with soup and homemade bread and games on the kitchen tables.

I love a good snowstorm, and we have not had too many this year so finally one came our way. I think it is the silence I love the most. When I went out walking last night, there was just silence...nothing more.

Walking through a storm is like getting lost in your own thoughts, and there aren't even enough words in the English language to speak of those thoughts.

It certainly made me think of this song by Simon and Garfunkel. We all know it so enjoy.


https://youtu.be/L-JQ1q-13Ek

2 comments:

Robb said...

Well... I thought I had left a comment on Thursday... ... I think this is a beautiful picture!

Lou Ann Homan said...

The snowstorm was so beautiful and so complete that you could hardly see the beautiful purple underneath the snow! Ha...now it is all melted. I had the bike out yesterday, but another storm tomorrow. Put it back in the garage...

Thank you.

  The Trine University Theatre Company on closing night of The Matchmaker.