Thursday, May 07, 2015

My Crab Apple Trees

Outside my balcony

This has been one of the most beautiful springs I can ever remember. It came on slow and steady letting the sap run for day from the maple trees and the glorious arrival of color on the landscape.

Day by day we here in the Midwest have watched the progression from late winter to mid-spring with hushed reverence. It is almost as if you can hear the ground waking up.

My crab apple trees are spectacular this spring. This is just one of the two outside my balcony window. I also have a deep red one in the backyard. When I first moved in they were so small, but now have grown tall and lush and block out most of the view of my neighbors. It is almost like living in a forest or a nursery.

Hope your spring is as lovely as mine.

Lou Ann

No comments:

Thank you.

  The Trine University Theatre Company on closing night of The Matchmaker.