Wednesday, January 01, 2014

New Year's Eve sunset at Southpoint on Ocracoke Island with Lou Ann Homan.




Dear Friends,

We come to yet the ending and beginning of another year. The New Year usually means so much to folks...losing old habits, gaining new ones. For myself, how many times have I made the resolution to lose ten pounds!

It is good we think we can change and make ourselves better, and I believe these resolutions do indeed come with good faith!

This week has been a lazy one on Ocracoke Island. It is nice to lie fallow at times as in winter fields. Some time has been spent on reading, other time on movies, beach walking and in search of the Snowy Owl. (Photo tomorrow!!)

Wishing you health and happiness is in my thoughts for you. Take care, dear readers, thank you for finding my photos and my words of interest to you.

Today's blog will end with a poem, of course! This is in the original Scottish form as written by Robert Burns.

Until tomorrow,

Lou Ann
Should auld acquaintance be forgot, 
And never brought to mind? 
Should auld acquaintance be forgot, 
And auld lang syne! 

Chorus - For auld land syne, my dear, 
For auld lang syne, 
We'll tak a cup o' kindness yet, 
For auld lang syne. 

And surely ye'll be your pint stowp! 
And surely I'll be mine! 
And we'll tak a cup o' kindness yet, 
For auld lang syne. 

Chorus... 

We twa hae run about the braes, 
And pou'd the gowans fine; 
But we've wander'd mony a weary fit 
Sin' auld lang syne. 

Chorus... 

We twa hae paidl'd in the burn, 
Frae morning sun till dine; 
But seas between us briad hae roar'd 
Sin' auld lang syne. 

Chorus... 

And there's a hand, my trusty fere! 
And gie's a hand o' thine! 
And we'll tak' a right gude-willie waught, 
For auld lang syne. 

Chorus... 

3 comments:

Robb said...

I have been catching up on the blogs after the holidays and have just finished reading your entries. Thanks so much for the video of OI; it was wonderful! May the New Year bring you success and happiness!

Anonymous said...

Happy new year. The Cornell Labs have bird sounds Your OI sounds of surf and wind are sublime.

Lou Ann Homan said...

Hi Robb, Happy New Year to you as well! Lou Ann

Mom's Last Full Moon...

  I came out of rehearsal last night, and the full Worm Moon of March actually took my breath away. It was so gorgeous rising above us in a ...