Sunday, March 17, 2013

A lesson in hope and love and welcoming the new Pope!

Dear Friends,

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all! There isn't much green in Indiana today except for the wearin' of the green, the canal in Indianapolis, and the beer, of course!

This week's column is a tribute to my housemate, Virginia.

Virginia is from Argentina and it has been an emotional week welcoming Pope Francis.

Click the link below for this week's column. As always, thank you for reading and supporting my work!

Lou Ann



Virginia calls this display in her room, her International corner!
Notice her Notre Dame t-shirt!
 
 
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutly great post Lou Ann and very touching for me . I understand your friend Virginia so well, Buenos Aires is very dangerous ( beautiful too!) Villas Miserias , the poorest subburbs, and violence everywhere with " asaltos" ( we were in front of guns several times )
I am so glad Virginia finds a haven in America! This too I associate with somehow ... And yes the new Pope is more like Jesus would be now if he came ...

Lilian said...

All Anonymous said is TRUE. ..I live in Argentina..

Silvina said...

Hi Lou Ann, you are a great writter. I am very greatful for your notes and how you described our realy hope about our new Papa.
My country is the not same used to be. But there are so much people like Virginia who want to live in peace and happy.
Your country is an example to follow us, where the secret is the love for neighbor and the respect to the law.
I had lost all my hopes, but now our Papa Francisco is a new hope to change Argentina.
I am sorry for my English, I hope you can understand me.
I want to say that I am very grateful for caring my little sister Virginia with so much love. You and your family always are in our prayers.
Silvina

Thank you.

  The Trine University Theatre Company on closing night of The Matchmaker.