Saturday, December 15, 2012

See you in Prague!

This week's column.

Dear Folks,

With the news of the past 24 hours, my column seems frivolous and too joyous. I actually called my editor to pull this column. Mike replied that the world needed a distraction from this horrible event.

So, here it is, and yes I am leaving for Prague, Budapest and Londonn for a three week holiday. I will try to post photos and notes each day if possible.

As always, thanks for reading, and God bless us all.

Lou Ann

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LouAnn, I hope you have a wonderful journey...I am looking forward to reading about it all when you get back! Yes, the news is awful, but your column is not frivolus in the entry. Are we to stop and stand still when these things happen? It is unfathomable to me as a mother that I could move or breathe if this happened to my children...as mothers and fathers, we are crying, screaming and grieving with these parents that we will never meet. We are hopeful that more people will take delight in the everyday, simple things...and those that cannot, that their loved ones will get them the help they so deeply need. Thank you for being a bright spot that can be depended upon. We need more sunshine in our lives and bring us just that.

Go enjoy yourself!!!

NJ Reader

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that should read "and you bring us just that."

Anonymous said...

We all need joy in our lives especially in times such as these.

Thank you
P.S. Have a great trip.


Lou Ann Homan said...

That is exactly what my editor said when we talked about it. I wanted to pull my column, but he said no. Thank you for supporting joy!

Mom's Last Full Moon...

  I came out of rehearsal last night, and the full Worm Moon of March actually took my breath away. It was so gorgeous rising above us in a ...