Monday, December 03, 2012

A weekend of Gypsy Stories, Helen Frost and John McCutcheon

 
 
Dear Friends,
Sometimes weekends turn out to be extraordinary as this one was. I drove my same pathway to Indianapolis (3 hours south) to tell my Gypsy Stories in the library at the Children's Museum. It was a free day at the museum, and it was wonderful to see all the families spending the day together.
 
Without changing clothes, I drove over to the History Center to the Author Fair to spend time with some of my favorite Indiana authors. I bought a book from Norbert Krapf and gushed over his work. I then spent time with poet, author, and friend, Helen Frost. I have watched Helen's work over the years change and evolve. Her latest book, "Step Gently Out," is a book of poems and photographs. All of my grandchildren already own signed copies. I don't think it is too late to order one of your own, it is spectacular!
 
I then spent the evening with Storytelling Arts of Indiana as they hosted musician, song-writer, and storyteller, John McCutcheon.
His featured piece, "Christmas in the Trenches," is such a moving story, I never tire of hearing it. The stage at the History Center was full of instruments, and he used them all.
 
At 12:30 a.m. Ellen and I finally had supper at our favorite hang out, Steak n' Shake (although we were good and didn't have the shakes.)
 
I did an interview with Helen Frost at the Author Fair, and here it is. I was scolded by a friend for not having enough quirky videos on my blog. So here is a fun video with a twist at the end. It is a little difficult to hear because of all the talking at the fair!
 
As always, enjoy,
Lou Ann
 



 
 
 
 

Helen Frost at the Author Fair in Indianapolis


2 comments:

Helen Frost / www.helenfrost.net said...

That was fun, and you look so great! Thanks, Lou Ann.42055

Lou Ann Homan said...

I am always inspired when I visit with you, Helen.

Mom's Last Full Moon...

  I came out of rehearsal last night, and the full Worm Moon of March actually took my breath away. It was so gorgeous rising above us in a ...