Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Poetry Passage

Today's poetry passage features one of my favorite poets, Emily Dickinson. When I was teaching I had a theatre company named, The Emily Dickinson Players. After each rehearsal and before each show, I shared her poetry with the troupe.

A few years ago I visited her home in Amherst and was given a primo tour. I was able to lower the basket out of her bedroom window. Long ago she shared ginger cookies with the neighborhood children. They would reciprocate with a flower or some small token of thank you.

This reading is a bit eerie as it was, of course, never produced by Emily Dickinson. The reading is imposed upon her lips and face.

Enjoy today's passage!


No comments:

Thank you.

  The Trine University Theatre Company on closing night of The Matchmaker.