Saturday, May 07, 2011

Rupert Brooke

I found this lovely old poem in a book given to me by Adam years ago. Inside the cover of the book is inscribed: To Mommy, From Adam, Christmas 1987.
I have loved this book, Stillmeadow Daybook by Gladys Taber all these years. This afternoon through slight sprinkles of dawdling spring, I pulled this book off the shelf. Ahh, sweet spring, taking your time, but patience is a virtue for you and for me.

"All things are written in the mind.
There the sure hills have station;
And the wind blows in that placeless air.
And there the white and golden birds go flying;
And the stars wheel and shine; and the woods are fair."
Rupert Brooke






The photos were taken in my garden as the winter winds are finally giving way to the wedding march of spring.

No comments:

Thank you.

  The Trine University Theatre Company on closing night of The Matchmaker.