Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The 'Blizzard' of 2007

I arrived home from Florida to the Toledo airport with absolutely no idea where to find my car. It was an amazing winter wonderland. I drug my suitcase over each snowdrift as I searched for the old white jeep. When I did find it, the doors were all frozen shut, and, of course, my hat, mittens, coat and boots were all locked inside! After a long while, I was able to pry open the passenger door and climb over to start the car. I also was lucky enough to have my scraper. After an hour of work, I was able to gingerly make my way out of the parking lot towards home.

My neighbors, Larry and Sherry, had plowed my driveway. If it hadn't been for them, I would have never gotten into my drive. My house temp was on 50, so I turned on the heat, changed clothes and Karen and I took the boys to the park for a late afternoon snowy playtime. The evening ended with dinner and hot coffee back at my house.

Snow is everywhere...and I am in awe of the beauty. My boys love it as well!!

Lou Ann



1 comment:

Kathy Douglas said...

Annie-
Good to hear from you. Thought I'd share this bit of information: I had many people write in their Christmas cards that they miss my weekly Sunday message. I had told them about my blog, but they are old fashioned and that is too modern for them. I may try the weekly missle again, but maybe not weekly. Thanks for starting me on that idea! Love and miss you!!

Thank you.

  The Trine University Theatre Company on closing night of The Matchmaker.