Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Robert Burns


On Thursday evening, January 25, we will be celebrating the life and poetry of Robert Burns. Burns was the poet laureate of Scotland and he is still celebrated all these years later. (1759-1796)

He left a huge body of work that we still enjoy including, My Luv is Like a Red, Red Rose, and Auld Lang Synne.

Our celebration will be at Caleo Cafe from 3-5 with tea and cookies. Come join our celebration by bringing one of your favorite poems or just come to listen. Our celebration joins in with hundreds around the world. I like knowing we are part of the bigger picture!

Joining us this year is Mark Gropp, my very favorite bagpiper!

See you at the Cafe!


No comments:

Farewell, Mom.

  Mom and Dad with the six kids!! I am the one with the long hair! I love a houseful of folks. I love looking down the hallway at night and ...