Friday, November 13, 2015

Diwali Festival at Trine University!



Last night Jonah I attended the Diwali Festival at Trine University. 
We had so much fun listening to the stories, watching the dances, and
sampling the food. I hope this becomes a yearly event. Special
thanks to Mari McHenry for all her work with the
international students.

Happy Festival!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We live in race horse country and the new sikh
Gudwara/church caused some concern shooting fireworks for Diwali. A neighbor explained that loud pyrotechnics were a problem for the horses and then presented 12 sky lanterns to the leader. The silent and beautiful lanterns are being used each night--- communication is a wonderful tool when used with a gentle hand..
eeh Lexington, ky


Lou Ann Homan said...

I love this gentle idea from a neighbor. Perfect solution. I love the sky lanterns also. I have sent off many into the night skies for festive occasions and other memorial times. Thanks for the nice night! I am glad someone else knows of Diwali. It is a lively and colorful festival. I was glad to be part of it!

Autumnal Equinox

  Pokagon State Park  Photo by Lou Ann Today is the Autumnal Equinox or simply known as the first day of Autumn. This is a splendid day as w...