Monday, April 21, 2014

End of winter...

End of winter in my backyard.

Signs of spring are poking up through the ground, but our northern trees still look like it is the dead of winter.

I took this photo of my backyard to show we just are taking our time getting to spring this year.

The Easter weekend was stunning with warm sun soft breezes. There were so many events in my hometown from the Adopt-a-Tree festival to the Beatles to the Easter egg hunts.

Today I was able to prune my raspberry bushes and my roses. Oh, I never wish to be anxious for another day, but I am looking forward to leaves on those trees. 

Until tomorrow.

2 comments:

Jackie Coleman - Author said...

I'm down in the southwestern tip of Indiana ... our trees started flowering about a month ago! It was a much welcome sight!

Lou Ann Homan said...

Hi Jackie, It is amazing the difference a few hours north make. We are just starting to see tiny green buds on the trees!

Spring break in St. Pete...

  Adam and his pups! The late-night flight is full. Everyone is heading out for spring break. Students and teachers, moms and dads, kids and...