Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What's the weather like in your town?






There is nothing as silent as snow.

The storm started yesterday morning as a crashing, storm of ice. The wind was so strong that as I walked on campus I saw several umbrellas turned inside out. By mid-afternoon, it was clear that freezing rain would give way to snow.

The trees became heavy and the town I live in came to a halt! The snow which started slowly has turned the sifter on. Silent snow upon a silent town.

The photos were taken by my grandson Matthew. He is 11 years old and is already in love with photography. He got up early this morning to shovel and take photos while waiting for school to be canceled! It was!








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That young man has an eye for composition in crafting a picture. He is a natural. But learning from the likes of Ansel Adams ain't too shabby.

Anonymous said...

What type of camera does he use?
OH reader

Philip said...

Matthew, those are great photos. Absolutely beautiful winter scenes! Wish I was there (as long as you do the shoveling).

Lou Ann Homan said...

I think Matthew has an exceptional eye for photography without knowing it! He is using a Kodak Easy Share C1013 point and shoot camera. I shared your comments with him, thank you!

Congratulations Trine!!

  My first glimpse of our monument decked in Trine blue took my breath away. I was coming home from the Thursday night game with Aaron and R...