Monday, August 27, 2012

Coming home to Archway cookies!

This week's column!


Dear Friends,

So here we are, back in the studio ready to get to work. Ahhh, coming home, sifting through memories of Ocracoke and finding everywhere I go the Ocracoke connection!

This was a weekend of festivals for me in Northern Indiana. It was a nice break from the laptop, emails, etc. But oh how I was itching to get back to work this morning. I made several out and abouts along the Indiana cultural trail. I will feature one each day! In a few you will see the Ocracoke connection which I found fascinating...from Susan Dodd to Molasses Creek.

Is it definitely a small world.

This week's column is about arriving home. There is a tradition at the Fort Wayne International Airport that when you arrive, you are greeted warmly by a man or woman holding a basket of cellophane wrapped Archway cookies. Each passenger receives one with a warm, "Welcome to Fort Wayne."

Archway Cookies makes its home in Fort Wayne so it is a very nice gesture and a definite way to welcome guests to the Midwest.

As always, thanks for reading. There are lots of fun blogs coming your way this week...so tune in!

Lou Ann

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am already , permanently tuned in ! As for reading you about the " small world " after all , I very much agree with you , it has been my motto for a while - and my joy as well ... ,Lou Ann , since I am not really someone used to Fort Wayne Airport , the couple of times I landed there makes the souvenir of the cookie you write about quite precious because of the "Familiar" situation to me , a sense of belonging , of being preveleged to know ...
Something else : the " bridging thing " the unexpected connection there can be between two different places ... You the Midwest and the Island in the Ocean ... For me the bridge is over the Ocean , from France to America ... I mean all the people in fact ... I think I am a " matchmaker " ... Odd yet married " as different as people can be " and yet , wanting to be married ... That is me , it seems you are one like that as well ... Is it because we really like people ? I guess so , and reading you is a vibrant joy for that , with love , always , Micky

Lou Ann Homan said...

Micky,
I always love it when you write it...you words are colorful and vibrant. Yes, the connectors, they are everywhere as long as we are willing to look for them!
Lou Ann

Mom's Last Full Moon...

  I came out of rehearsal last night, and the full Worm Moon of March actually took my breath away. It was so gorgeous rising above us in a ...