Monday, April 19, 2010

A new beginning...

Philip left yesterday taking a flight back home to his Island. The house seems very empty without him. He has been my caregiver and friend for four weeks now. I will always thank and appreciate him for all he has done to get me well!!

Now it is back to my own beginnings...hmmmm...how to manage living on my own again. I am so fortunate to have friends and neighbors and family who are really at my beck and call. Karen, my daughter in law, is in charge of bringing groceries, Alia (a great friend and part relative) is doing laundry, Larry (from next door does the yard care), Lee, my neighbor and friend, is coming over for morning coffee and checks in periodically, his daughter, Morgan, sweeps and cleans up for me....

Actually the list goes on and on. Since I am sleeping in my little bed downstairs, I have clean clothes and such in the library for two days. All in all, it appears to be OK. I even walked without the stick today, carried my camera instead as a safety net. This photo is looking up at the crabapple tree in my yard! It has been so beautiful this April!!


The crapapple tree in my front yard!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear brave Lou Ann, thanks for writing, my first reaction is of compassion and empathy, also of gratitude for those kind ones so helpful ... I may visualize how slowed-down your everyday has to be. I have an Australian friend who had back surgery and it required him to be patient to recover- did you know that Sassafras trees are growing in Oz,yet different from the US ones.Bummer now, your cane has to make it for Philip! sorry to hear he had to leave, keep high spirited though, your genuine hope always at hand, you well know the sun shines bright behind the clouds. This blooming tree in your yard is a gift from heaven! merci...our trees here in Virginia ... their beauty initiates wonders and awe likewise, for me to capture with my camera too... witness of God's creation ... take care while you improve,secure even more joy within to help you walk and rest! timing is not ours to decide . With love, micky

thoman said...

Oh, how beautiful! If I could just have a week of spring blossoms and lilacs, and a week or two of fall colors... alongside the beach and sunny weather... and family close by... all would be perfect! :)

Spring break in St. Pete...

  Adam and his pups! The late-night flight is full. Everyone is heading out for spring break. Students and teachers, moms and dads, kids and...